Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We Keep Movin'

"The Help" left on Tuesday morning.  Of course, GG is so much more than that but she's sure good at giving it her all around the house and with the kids.  Plus she has a good sense of humor and doesn't mind being called that :)  Not much has changed since I was a kid.  My mom goes above and beyond the call of duty as a mom and now a grandparent - she amazes me and I hope that I can give to my family as much as she has given to hers.  Our thanks to GG for her support and love and helping us coral the kids this past week.

David's fishing tournament didn't go as well as he would have liked on Saturday, but Sunday brought more success.  He caught a bunch of "Hog Bass" (as Blaine likes to call them) and then was home to have dinner with us on Sunday night.  David enjoyed his man-weekend but missed us so much that he did decide to come home earlier than planned.  We're glad he did.

HG is improving and is finally getting some sleep.  We have an appointment with an ENT doctor next week to gather more information about getting HG tubes for her ears.  She is on an antibiotic in the meantime and two other medicines to ease the pain and reduce inflammation in her sinuses.  I am not nervous about the surgery because it's so common (though I know there are always risks) - what I don't like is there are no good alternatives to surgery and keeping on with her always sick is not an option.  We have a lot of questions for the doctor on Wednesday so we'll see what comes of that.

Blaine had so much fun with GG while she was here.  When David got home from the airport after having dropped my mom off Blaine asked where he was since he had just gotten up.  When David told him that he took GG to the airport, Blaine hung his head and in a really sad voice said, "I love GG so much.  I love her."  It was really cute.

Blaine continues to stay busy (which is better for him) - he likes his swim lessons, which he does twice a week, and his first soccer game is this Saturday.  Practice this past Monday was a little rough for Mister but we think he'll do great with a little more practice and some game time.  I just heard about a place that does music lessons for kids and Blaine has shown an interest in the piano and the drums so I think we'll look into that here pretty soon.

And for your viewing pleasure... Hannah can now walk with an object that moves.  She has discovered a new way to get around and is quite pleased with herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment