Daddy had to work again today so I packed lunches, extra clothes, a stroller, extra food and anything else I could find that might save me in an emergency and headed down to the zoo.
Blaine was uber excited about feeding the goats but not as excited about seeing the lions - he thought they might "bite him". I told him they would be in cages but he wasn't convinced that the lions wouldn't have him for lunch.
We got there before they opened but they let us go in, which was nice because we got to get through much of the zoo before the rush came. You could tell that the animals were relaxed since many of them were sleeping and (bonus for us) were sleeping towards the front of their cages, right in front of where we could view them.
| The lions seen here are "Cleopatra" and "Caesar" - they were owned by a couple for over 10 years before they got too much to handle and were given to the Austin Zoo. |
And of course we fed the goats... and the llamas... and the deer. I think this was the highlight of Blaine's visit to the zoo. Oh and watching the zoo keepers feed the hybrid wolves their lunch (raw chicken parts). That was pretty fun for me too. I also enjoyed watching the tiger growl at people that got too close to its cage - this was pretty funny. And Sister's favorite part was the train - she loved having the wind blow in her hair.
We really had a great morning together and then while protesting his daily nap (like he's done every single day for as long as he has been able to protest) he fell asleep.
| Here is HG deciding what her favorite part of the zoo was. "Hmmmm?" |
I am VERY impressed with your trip to the zoo with two kids by yourself! I aspire to do that one day (although it won't be probably for another year when at least William is 2 and Siri is 4)! Way to go super mom!
ReplyDelete