Sunday, March 6, 2011
God Called her Home - Erica Gough Paul: 1981-2011
I met Erica in 1995 when I was working at The Buckle in Midland, Michigan. Erica was two years younger than me but we became pretty good friends. Though we went to different schools we managed to hang out on the weekends and we spent a lot of time being goofy together at work.
We reconnected through Facebook over a year ago. That's when I found out that Erica had been diagnosed with cancer but was fighting it with all her might and with every resource available to her. We communicated several times and I kept up with her Caring Bridge Page - her strength, love for Christ, and hope amazed me. The more I learned about her life the more she inspired me. I have never experienced joy through another person like I did through her.
Unfortunately for us here on earth she was called Home tonight. She died tonight surrounded by her husband and her family.
Dear Erica, I was shocked to hear of your passing but I know that you are free now and that you have been reunited with your Maker. You have inspired me so much in the last year - the way you lived your life will be a memory that I will not forget. Thank you for being you. I'll be praying for your husband and family during this difficult time. We all know that you are the lucky one, spending your first night in heaven! God Bless.
Here is a video that features Erica.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment