Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3:16

Today is March 16th (3.16)... which also happens to be a very famous and one of the most (if not the most) important scriptures in the Bible.

John 3:16 from The Message

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again."

I tell my kids at least once every single day that God loves them.  And actually I ask Blaine - "Who loves you?" and he lists off about six people and then when I ask him who loves him the most - he smiles big and says, "JeeeeSUS!"  So cute.

I also hug and kiss them throughout the day and tell them that I love them but I know that it's God's love that will carry them through their entire lives so I want them to hear it every day.  I read in my daily devotional yesterday that we, as parents, are the first people that our children will experience love and acceptance from.  We are the ones that all other relationships will build off of and if we can show our kids that we love them both by nurturing them and leading them down the right path then they'll know God loves them and at some point they'll begin to experience God's love, mercy and grace (the way that David and I have) through their own thoughts and experiences.

I can't fathom giving my one and only son, but God did it and for that we're eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment