Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Rainy and Gluten Free Weekend

It rained all weekend... and I loved it. Rain slows me down a bit, which I enjoy, plus Blaine was able to fully recover.  I spent a lot of time planning meals this weeked, watching cooking shows, and reading our new Gluten Free/Casein Free (GFCF) cookbook.

One thing I don't like about a Gluten Free lifestyle (besides that it is way more expensive) is that it now takes me 2-3 hours to do our grocery shopping because I have to go to two different stores to get everything
(and save a little money in the process) and I have to read all labels now.  When I plan out our weekly meals I have to make sure it is all gluten and dairy free, I have to tweak recipes that I find that aren't GFCF and actually, finding recipes to satisfy all of our tastes is difficult, so it has definitely been a learning experience. I know (I hope) it will get easier as we keep on with it.

We made a GF pizza today and it was actually really yummy. David even liked it (that's saying a lot!)  I also made a cranberry orange bread that we haven't tasted yet, but it looks tasty as well.

Blaine's school is closed tomorrow, so I'm off again with both kids.  Should be interesting.

THANK HEAVENS!  GF/Dairy Free Chocolate.  Mmmmmmm.

Blaine's pizza.  He really enjoyed making this.


David's pizza.  He also enjoyed making this.

GFCF Orange Cranberry Bread.  Mmmmm, tasty! (I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment