If you're the parent of a pre-schooler you know what I'm talking about. When you see the school's number on your caller I.D. you (well, just me) think one of three things:
1) Blaine hurt someone
2) Blaine got hurt
3) Blaine did both of the above
Ok, and sometimes I get scared and wonder if something terrible has happened and hope he's ok. His teachers have called me so often that when I answer they now immediately say: "Jessica--it's Megan--there is no emergency, but..."
I breathe a sigh of relief and then brace myself for what's next.
On Wednesday "the call" happened to be about diarrhea. Sorry to be so graphic, but that's what it was and the best part, (sorry, Ms. Laura) I didn't have to clean it up. They did send the clothes home but they were not salvageable and went straight to the garbage can.
So Hannah and Blaine and I spent the rest of Wendnesday and all day Thursday together doing all kinds of fun things. I thought he was fine since he had no fever, no cough, an appetite and was a happy go-lucky kid so we ventured out to a bounce house venue on Thursday. We had so much fun together and even HG enjoyed bouncing.
Because Thursday was such a success we sent Blaine to school today only to get another call this morning that Mister had a high fever and was lethargic. I took him to the doctor and he's just got a virus. A virus that is now causing a nasty cough, diarrhea, congestion and a high fever.
And I can always tell (for sure) that he's sick because it's the only time that he asks me to hold him and that's what I did all day... and it was a beautiful thing!
I think we're on the mend now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Praying for you, Mister.
Love, Mom
Feel better soon Blaine! Love, Siri
ReplyDelete