Friday, November 26, 2010

Door Buster

I have never (well, except that one time like 15 years ago when I was not in my right mind) shopped on Black Friday.

Why?

1.  I cherish my sleep.  When I open my eyes in the morning, the first thing I do is thank God for another day and then I count the hours until I get to meet my Tempur-Pedic again.  Sick, I know, but I just love sleeping.

2.  There is no material thing that I want so badly that I will stand in the cold outside of a store for (or for that matter - in line inside a store).  Absolutely nothing.

3. I cherish my sleep.  Unless you didn't get it the first time.

This year was different though - I think I am pinching pennies tighter this year with two kids! I ventured out at an un-Godly hour to see what deals I could get and see if all of these "door buster" sales were for real.

Well, let me be telling you.  The deals are real!  The best part is that I basically finished my shopping today too.  I have a few more things to get, but I already know where and what I just don't know when. Oh and I did not wait in any lines!

Oh, how I love smart planning, efficiency... and deals.


I will admit though I am pretty darn tired now and (here's the kicker) when I got home at 7:30 am, both kids had just woken up.  Yes, my children that don't sleep actually slept in on the one day that I was not sleeping.

Go figure.

Happy Christmas Shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment