Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beans and Such

I received a call from Blaine's school yesterday. Here's how it went:

"Hi Jessica, it's Lisa from Hawthorne--no emergency, but we did want to call you and let you know that Blaine put a bean in his nose."

*me laughing*

"A bean?  Really?  I always hear of kids putting things in their nose and wondered why and when it would be our turn."

"Yep, a bean.  He's fine though.  Ms. Megan got it out."

Nice, son.  Really nice.

And in other news, we're getting serious at night now.  No more Mr. and Mrs. Nice Guy/Gal.  The midnight (on the dot) and 4:30 am (on the dot) feedings have got to end.  With only two "sleep-through-the-night" nights under our belts in almost 6 months, I think it's about time.  After checking on Sister at midnight we let her "cry-it-out".  It was brutal.  Well, not too brutal because I guess I fell back asleep.  At one point I asked David how long she'd been crying and when he looked at the alarm told me it had been an hour.

AN HOUR!?!?!  WHAT? 

I might have said some expletives at this point and then I jumped out of bed.  I had never intended to let her scream her poor head off for an hour.  Poor Angel Bug.  I darted into her room to find her in a pool of snot and tears.  I cleaned her face, moved her to a clean spot in the bed and then rubbed her back.  Within seconds she was sleeping and doing that deep breath thing that kids do after they sob uncontrollably for a long time.

I definitely did not win any mother-of-the-night awards last night but redeemed myself at the 5:00 am feeding.

And in more news... our Christmas tree is up but is not decorated.  That's another post though.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment