Thursday, October 7, 2010

Remembering Aidan

Today, from 4pm to 8pm PT, family and friends gathered in San Francisco to celebrate Aidan's life.  Here in Austin, it's 9:00 PM - which is 7:00 PM in California, so they are all still gathered together.  I am praying for them all right now.

I received an email today from someone I love and respect very much.  She is an amazing woman and she always inspires me with her great faith, honesty and love.  I thought her thoughts were worth sharing because they really helped me and touched my heart.  Please feel free to post your comments/prayers/thoughts below for this family.

"I have been praying for Aidan's family just now again.  I have cried about this with you and still do....  I have prayed for his parents and extended family every day since I heard.  This is just beyond my human understanding, as Julian's death was.  I just have to tell God -- ' I do not understand'.  But I know from experience that there is One who stands with us in times like this when we are so raw with grief that it seems to hurt every cell in our body....  God is good and faithful through all of our doubts and he can handle our anger, our fear, our lack of understanding.  The Comforter never left me, but I just would not be comforted until I could. God knows our hearts and minds always...  My heart is with Aidan's mom and dad and family.  I am so glad we can be present for them and hold them up in prayer.  He picks up the pieces and mends our broken hearts somehow."

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying for Aiden's family. What an immense loss, and I'm sure there are no words that will able to ease their suffering. Hopefully they will be able to find some solace in knowing that even though his life was filled with so much joy, he is in an even more joyous place now.

    ReplyDelete