Very rarely I post items from my 9-5 (or something like that) job here but I thought Keith's blog post for today was worth sharing.
In How can I Change my Mind? Keith addresses someone's question of why willingness doesn't translate into change.
Keith says: "If I thought of something, I thought I’d done it. But Jesus seemed to be teaching that everything we commit to do in our heads has an appropriate behavior in the real world to accompany it. In other words, if you commit to loving God, then you’ll do certain things that God would have you to do. The questions are: what are those things, and how do we get these things out of our heads and out into our real, behavioral world."
Hey, I thought about losing weight yesterday and starting a new weight-loss plan... but I'm still squeezing into my 'big mama pants' and my running shoes are in the closet. And I thought about helping that single mom out... but I got busy. And I am totally willing to surrender my entire life to God, but...
Hmmm.
He goes on to say that: "Almost all the great heroes of the faith have wound up seeing and telling the people to whom they wrote that loving people and God both in their minds and in their behaviors is the goal of the life Jesus offered us in God’s name."
Keith, you are a great hero of the faith to me because not only do you love God in your mind and talk about it... but you show me, through your behaviors and loving others, that you love God. And this post helped me immensely, especially because I know it's coming from a guy that walks the walk.
Check it out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment