Sunday, September 19, 2010

5K... and we lived to tell about it

Working out hasn't really been on the top of our t0-do list for the last year. Between work, Blaine, pregnancy and now adjusting to a family of four it just hasn't happened. And boy has it shown! David and I signed up for a 5K a month ago but have only taken "training" seriously the last few weeks. This has been especially hard for me since in a former life I was a runner with a marathon, some half marathons and a slew of 10 and 5K's under my belt.

I am happy to report that we finished in under 33 minutes... and we ran the whole thing. David even pushed the double stroller and had Tug with him. He was a big hit along the way... women would scream out, "Way to GO double stroller guy!" And then they would scream for him. He said the pain was all worth it.

Our pre-race dinner was at EZ's diner. Blaine topped off his pizza with a strawberry shake.
He enjoyed it. A lot.

Here is Sister after the race. She enjoyed being bounced around - it helped her sleep through all of the excitement.

I forgot to post these. Here is the cake that Blaine and I made this week. Correction - I made the cake, decorated it and then Blaine improved it.





2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, and even more impressed with two kids and a dog! Great job to Mom and Double Stroller guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you and your family. How much FUN (and work) you are having now!

    ReplyDelete