Sunday, June 13, 2010

How different can they get?

Two kids. Same parents. Completely different. How does that happen?

It has amazed us how different these two are. Hannah Grace has been a wonderful baby - content and peaceful and only fusses when she needs something. In fact we're pretty sure that Blaine has cried and whined more in the last 6 days than H.G. has.

Blaine is adjusting to the changes. Actually today has been his best day yet. He is working on the whole "gentle" thing (something he is not by nature) and continues to give kisses to "his" Hannah all day long.

Hannah's umbilical cord has already fallen off - it took Blaine's almost two months to fall off and he had to have his burned off by the pediatrician (talk about stubborn!) She is sleeping well and though she has the whole nursing thing down she isn't really eating enough. We go for her first well-check tomorrow, so I'll send an update after that.

She has had her first bath here at home and we all went to church today. The moms in the "Nursing Moms room" at church couldn't believe that I was out and about with a 6-day-old baby. Yes, I am still in some pain but as many of you know I just can't sit still so getting out has been good for my mental well being.

More tomorrow - for now, here are some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I thought because I was having two girls they'd be same (at least in the beginning). Wrong! They were different even in the womb and still are. Which is not a bad thing; What I didn't get from one I'm getting from the other (most of the times that's a good thing =)

    ReplyDelete