Hannah Grace got a new rug. Now she needs sheets and such.
My friend Kari and I have done a major swap (no, not wife-swap)! She is due with a boy at the beginning of May and I am due with HG at the beginning of June. She has a 2 year old girl (Sweet Siri) and I have a 2 year old boy. We figured that the green (and super neat) thing to do was just swap clothes, so we did. I gave her all of our boy clothes (size newborn to 24 months) and she gave us all of her girl clothes. It took us about 2 hours to go through everything and then after 8 loads of laundry and hours of sorting, this is what we have: a closet full of pink and purple girly clothes and a changing table loaded with more clothes that need to find a home (IKEA, here we come to get another dresser). I had so much fun going through these clothes and imagining little Hannah in these cute outfits. The girl won't go without clothes, that's for sure!
After Kari and I went through all of the clothes this weekend, she and Elliot made a wonderful dinner for us. Fajitas with all the fixin's. We followed dinner with dessert and Blaine showed us how it was done: a bowl of ice cream AND and a cone full of ice cream - he takes after his Papa in this area! (And I don't know who talked me into allowing two desserts.)
Prior to dinner David was occupied with entertainment (he being the entertainer). He pulled the kids around the house on a sheet and threw them around like rag dolls on the couches. (They loved it.)




Everything else is just peachy. David and I are both busy at work and with the longer days and warmer temperatures we are getting excited for summer. Blaine is a little chatter box and seems to fill the days with running, talking, and singing. It's a big job, but someone has got to do it. I am also 29 weeks pregnant this week and my face is about as round as my belly. Ugh! For some reason, I can't get motivated to do any form of exercise. Maybe tomorrow... :)
This is so much fun to read! My grown adult "kids" have gone green, and it is so much FUN....Like skip the department stores for clothes the next couple years...Just love your babies to death with hand me downs! It gives me goose bumps!
ReplyDelete