1 box of Fudge Cake Mix
Package of chocolate mint cookies (such as Grasshopper cookies)
Mint Extract
Buttercream frosting
(Recipe from Tasty Kitchen)
Make the cupcakes as you would normally. It's important to put on your cutest and most goofy smile (see Mister's example).
Fill muffin tins with paper baking cups and then put one mint-chocolate cookie in the bottom of each baking cup.
When you are finished putting the cookies in the baking cups, eat one of the cookies for yourself - but make sure you sneak it, because when your mommy finds out, you'll be in big trouble!
Pour about 1/4 cup of cupcake batter over each cookie and bake according to directions on box.
Mix up your buttercream frosting and mint extract and before you can even get about two dozen cupcakes frosted...
They'll be GONE! Well, they did last until we got them to David's office... then the PF heathens ate almost every last one. I am told they were good... (well, ok, I tried one too and I'd have to agree - they were pretty heavenly.)We were also reminded why we don't let Blaine have sugar... ever! We let him eat a cupcake at David's office as a special treat (minus the frosting) and about an hour later after the sugar hit his blood stream he was on a complete off-the-wall sugar high for almost two and a half hours. It was ridiculous. He was talking fast, running fast, hitting, and climbing on tables. It was awful to watch - I kind of felt bad for the kid. I can't believe some kids eat like that every single day. I would have to admit myself to the looney bin if he acted that way everyday. Yikes.
In any case, Blaine and I had fun making these together - he loves to bake and make things in the kitchen. I try to always let him help me bake and cook dinner and he usually listens pretty well regarding following directions (except for the time that he took the top off of the garlic salt and poured half of the container into the spaghetti.) I guess he likes garlic. Today I made (as Blaine calls it) GG's Banana Bread (which is my mom's famous banana bread recipe). He loves when I make mini-muffins and put blueberries in them. I think he ate six for his snack this morning. I added milled flax seed to these so they have a little more fiber. Mmmmm.
This is a pretty awesome picture that David took while fishing this weekend.
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment