Sunday, November 22, 2009

21 Months Old

Yesterday was Blaine's 21st month here on planet earth and boy is the earth (and mom and dad) tired from all the activity! We can't seem to get this kid enough exercise to even make a dent in his energy. Where does he store it all? Here he is with some party supplies, celebrating his big 2-1.
We still can't shake the 5am wake up calls. Literally, at 5 am and we hear "MAMA. DADA? MILK!" It's getting ridiculous and exhausting. And we better have an NFL field goal kicker, professional soccer player or MLB pitcher on our hands because I need to find something to justify Blaine's constant and obsessive need to throw and kick everything. Pens, balls, Thomas the Train, stuffed animals, applesauce, paper, plates, cups, pajamas... you get the picture. Some object (any object) must be made put into motion by his hand or foot at all times or he is not happy.

David's employer changed insurance companies so we have to change pediatricians and I have had a very tough time with this. We have seen Dr. Terwelp for almost 2 years now. He knows Blaine and our family, his nurses know us and are always there to answer my questions. I feel a deep connection to them and have been so heartbroken that we have to find another doctor. I did go to one and managed to get through most of the appointment without crying. I did start crying when they started asking me questions that Dr. Terwelp knows the answer to already! Oh, frustration! I am still looking for a pediatrician... one like Dr. Dan but one that takes BCBS!

Aside from the constant (and somewhat annoying) kicking and throwing, Mister is a helpful, sweet and funny little man. He amazes us more and more each day.

Love you baby! Happy 2-1! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment