Tuesday, September 22, 2009

19 Months Old!


Happy Birthday Baby! Blaine is 19 months old today which means we are another month closer to the terrible two's... I mean, to his 2nd birthday. When I started thinking about this post last week I started keeping a mental list of things I wanted to write about since this is Blaine's virtual baby book. I have not been writing any of his milestones down anywhere else, so if it doesn't get on the blog, I won't be remembering it. The bad news is that I have a terrible memory and remember very little of what I want to write :(

Here is what I can remember wanting to note:

* Blaine has almost 14 teeth now. His canines are finally coming in and almost all of his molars are in. This means he eats just about anything (and large amounts of it).

* His vocabulary continues to grow. Our two new favorite words that he can say are country (pronounced kun-chee) and President (Pez-dint). It's amazing how well he can communicate. His new nanny, Chrissy, said he talks "all day" pointing out this and that and naming everything he comes into contact with.
* Blaine loves art and making things with his hands (as long as his fingers or hands don't get dirty). Markers (pronounced ca-ca's), sidewalk chalk, play-doh, and crayons fill his craft bin and he asks for them everyday.
* Speaking of dirty hands... Mister loathes (with a passion) dirty hands. One little smidgen of mashed potatoes or a spot of ketchup and the kid is flipping out, saying "hands, hands, haaaands!" waving them in our face so we'll wipe them off. You can forget finger painting. That would send him into a total meltdown.
* Brushing teeth has been a challenge. The good news: he asks to brush his teeth twice a day. The bad news: he wants to do it himself and all he wants to do is suck the toothpaste off the brush.
* Potty training is going better than expected. After our initial first attempt we decided to give him a little more tine but almost daily he asks to go on the potty and he does. We take his diaper off, he sits on the potty and goes! It's so cute and he loves getting a potty-sticker. GG doesn't know it yet, but when she comes to visit next month she is going to help me do some full-time potty training sessions. (Thanks in advance GG.)
* Deodorant: You wouldn't think that Blaine needs to use deodorant until middle school but he loves wearing it! Well, we don't actually put deodorant on him (we make sure the cap is on when we put it under his arm) but we do pretend. It goes something like this: After we put our deodorant on we ask Blaine if he'd like deodorant on and he answers with a smiling face "NO" but then proceeds to lift his arm high in the air, exposing his armpit. When we go to put it on him he shrieks in laughter and says "NOOOO" and pulls away and then he immedietly lifts his arm back up and smiles and we repeat this about 15 times before he runs out of the room.
I hope to remember more later. Right now, I'm tired. Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment