Yesterday afternoon Blaine's nose got all stopped up and then started draining snot like crazy (nice visual, huh?). Today, runny nose continued but there were no other signs of illness. I went for a massage today around 1:00, leaving Blaine and Daddy to have some man-time. They did some chores, gave the dogs a bath, ate a snack and then Blaine went right down to sleep. I arrived home around 3:30 and we heard a little cry (only 15 minutes after mister man had been sleeping) but then it sounded like he went back to sleep. David went to work out at the gym and then after an hour of nap time (which is unusually long for an afternoon nap) I heard the screams. I went in to see a red-faced baby boy screaming... when I picked him up, the heat radiated from his entire body. Hello, FEVER! I took his temp and he was holding steady at 102.2! Yikes. We hung out on the couch for a little while and like a true man - he just wanted to hold the remote.



It was then dinner time, so it was dinner I served. Sweet potatoes, spinach, turkey, rice cereal and applesauce. I casually thought to myself, "I think I might see all this food later..." Although lethargic and cranky, Mister Man couldn't deny the fun he was having during bath time and he perked right up. Then it was early bed time - he was out by 7:00 pm. Around 8:00 we heard screams (unusual again) and when I went in to check on him, Mister Man was sitting in his first-ever pool of puke. (sorry to those with weak stomachs) Super Daddy did the Blaine clean up and Super Mommy did the sheet-changing bed clean up... Blaine was shocked, tired, and sad. We cleaned out his nose, took his temp again (101.1 now) and he eagerly and happily fell back asleep.
I was hoping we could get through life with no sicknesses, no broken body parts, no tears and well, no pain... but I think I might have to get real :) I think the temperature is breaking and he's sleeping soundly... for the moment at least!
No comments:
Post a Comment