Monday, January 28, 2008

4 More Weeks!? Seriously?












Hello Everyone,
As you can see, I guess it was possible for me to get even bigger... and we've still got some time to grow. Yikes! Baby has dropped a little bit, which just means that I can breathe a little easier and I am now in the bathroom every 30 minutes instead of every couple hours. (Baby now resides directly on my bladder.) At our last checkup (almost two weeks ago) baby was 5 pounds 10 ounces and so we're pretty sure he/she is tipping the scale at a healthy 6 pounds by now. Good Lord, might we have a 9 pound baby in our future??? My uterus (and occasionally my ribs on the right side) have become a punching bag for the baby - he/she is very upset that they are running out of room and so punching and kicking Mommy apparently helps out? :) As you can see - the nursery is done... We got all of the essentials this weekend and couldn't believe that diapers cost $25 for 80! Wow. Beginning this week I'll start going to the Dr.'s office every single week - they'll keep a pretty close eye on me now. Despite my "larger than life" belly, I've started to walk a lot more and David and I need to practice our breathing and labor position exercises. He is going to be a great labor coach - I can't wait!!! This weekend I put together a few playlist's in our I-Pod called "Here Comes the Baby"... complete with Bob Marley, Snatam Kaur (meditative music), and even a Dixie Chicks song. "Welcome to the Jungle" seemed a bit over-the-top for our precious little one :)
I hope to be able to blog over the next few weeks, but if we can't get to it - the next postings will be of Baby Lyon... :)
Love you all,
Jessica and David



1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby's room! It turned out Great! Thanks for letting Steve stay with you guys while he was in Austin. I hope he wasn't too much of an imposition; it certainly helped us out. Cannot wait to meet Baby Lyon!

    ReplyDelete