Sunday, July 27, 2014

Severan is 6+ months old

Here we are 1 month post-op.  Sev turned 6 months old and made it through the transition to home from the hospital.

Still in the hospital - swelling begins.

But, still happy!

We went home on Saturday evening - 2 full days after his surgery.

At home.  "You should have seen the other guy."





The scar.
Happy!

Here he is at his one week post-op appointment.


3 weeks post-op.

4th of July fun with the family.


As you can tell, we have a very happy baby!



Before and After surgery.



First time on a swing!





6 months old

Siblings July 2014


We haven't had Sev's 6-month appointment yet - mainly because I called too late and they are really backed up at the office.  I'm guessing that he weighs roughly 19+ pounds right now.  He's a BRUT.  Bigger than some 11-month old babies we know.

He's not sitting up or crawling yet but he can scoot and get around by acting like an inchworm! :)  I think it's time to get the gates out nevertheless.

Getting Severan back into a good sleep routine has been kind of rough.  He was sleeping through the night before he went into the hospital but afterwards he was up every 2-3 hours all day and night long.  I think (hope/pray) that maybe he's getting back into the swing of things over the last few days because he's slept at least 7 hours these nights.

He really is the best baby - always smiling and snuggling and being content with what's going on.  He loves watching his older brother and sister and his favorite thing to do is scream.  Yes, the kid screams all the time, but not a sad or angry scream.  It's high-pitched and funny and he thinks it's awesome because he smiles the whole time.

We've started him on solids but we're not feeding him with pureed baby food like we did with the other kids.  We're just giving him regular food - pear, peach, and banana slices, sausage, chicken, and toast - you name it, he's eating it. (Well, gnawing and sucking on it right now:)  The program is called Baby Led Weaning - it's pretty interesting: http://www.babyledweaning.com/

Not much else to report except that the exhaustion level of parenting three kids is over-the-top.  But Sev is totally worth it so I won't complain... too much:)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a baby smile so much! Sev, you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete