Monday, March 24, 2014

Changes

Time is not stopping for us over here so we're making the most of it.

Severan is consistently sleeping 8 hours at night now (Thank you Jesus and my fulfilling milk :) so I guess it is time to move him to his own room.  (If you could only hear me sobbing over this, you'd feel really bad for me!)  He is just growing up too fast.

Blaine and Hannah are on Spring Break this week and much to Blaine's disappointment we are not on the beautiful island of Maui.  Instead we are here in "boring Colorado."

Several weeks ago (when I was many, many, many weeks post-partum) I was still wearing maternity pants and feeling very uncomfortable and, well, fat and discouraged.  I had only lost about 20 pounds with breastfeeding alone so I knew that in order to lose the last 30 (yes, I gained 50+ pounds with this pregnancy) I would need to actually make an effort but I had several problems:

1. I now live in CO and running outside with a new baby and two other children is not really feasible.  It's cold and who knows when it will actually stop threatening to snow.

2. With Blaine in school full-time, HG only part-time and Severan practically attached to me I don't have the option of heading to the gym for an hour or more.

3. I felt overwhelmed when I thought about the weight I have to lose and seeing no good options for me.  (Cue the "Poor me" music.)

However, when I was three months pregnant I found several women on Instagram who were not only really fit but they were inspiring, motivational, and were interested in helping others achieve greatness - both physically and spiritually (Traci Morrow was one of these people.)  I followed them through my pregnancy and so as I pulled those maternity pants on several weeks ago, feeling utterly defeated, I knew what I had to do.

And I did it!  I signed up to be a Beachbody Coach so I would have some accountability in my own fitness journey and eventually I hope to support others as they pursue their fitness goals.  What attracted me, ultimately, were the results I saw from those that went before me and the program I started is only 30 minutes a day for 90 days so that was a huge selling point.  I mean, come on - who doesn't have 30 minutes a day!?!  I don't feel good - mentally, physically, or emotionally - when I am not physically fit and if I am going to have my best life, then I need to have my best body.  David and I started 17 days ago and I LOVE IT!  Blaine even enjoys doing the workouts, so that's an added bonus.

And I am happy to report that I'm not wearing those maternity pants anymore :)  Thanks to Kelly Holton (aka: Colorado Fit Mom) for helping me get started.

So, look out for some posts about fitness as well as the good ol' posts about our awesome family and the faith that holds us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment