Thursday, December 19, 2013

Our Gift is Type A

Oh how I love the Christmas season!  We put our tree up weeks ago, I've been listening to Christmas music for even longer and my growing Santa-like belly fill my heart with joy.  And there is nothing quite like celebrating our Savior's birth with Influenza... Type A to be more specific.  And it's even better when you're eight and a half months pregnant!

That's right.  Last week, starting around Wednesday morning, David started feeling achy and had a mild cough.  By Wednesday night he was having hour long spells of the chills, a fever and terrible body aches.  The next morning he was able to get a doctor's appointment and they confirmed that he had "The Flu" and put him on the miracle drug Tamiflu.  His doctor also wrote prescriptions for myself and the kids as a preventative measure.  Thursday morning I didn't feel great but I chalked it up to this very rough pregnancy I've been having.  David was down and out so I was on full kid duty and was trying so hard to stay focused on taking care of their needs I didn't realize I was getting so sick.  Friday rolled around and I took Blaine to school and went to my regular midwife prenatal appointment and realized just how sick I had gotten.  Baby's heartbeat was strong and he was moving like a champ so they told me to go home and rest and stay on the Tamiflu which should shorten my symptoms.  By the time we got home David started to emerge from his sickness and I started to go downhill quickly.  He managed to muster the strength to care for the kids Friday evening while I came down with the fever, chills, body aches and the worst cough I've ever had.  Saturday was another day of the same for me but David continued to improve and the kids were happy to watch movies and play around the house most of the day.  Wow, it's been rough.

It's taken me almost five days to write this post.  David had to make a quick trip to Portland for work but is back in the saddle here now.  Today is the first day that I am not coughing to the point of wanting to vomit - so I consider that an improvement!  After yesterday, Blaine's holiday party at school (which I was in charge of), I think it will hopefully be a relaxing time until we celebrate Christmas and have this baby.  One good thing about being under the weather is being forced to lay on the couch here in front of our beautiful Christmas tree with the fire crackling, listening to Christmas music.  It is nice to slow down like this, I just wish I wasn't hacking up a lung at the same time!  I am praying to get well (much more quickly than the snails pace I'm recovering right now) so I can have all my strength to deliver Baby Sev.  

Santa brought us a fancy new camera for Christmas (thanks Santa :) and we've really been enjoying that.  Here are a few pictures we've taken with our very amateur abilities.

Mister!
Yes, Mister is hugging HG.  And yes, Mister is holding a stick.
You fill in the blanks. :)

Right after this picture was taken a bird took HG's sandwich away.
Then there was devastation. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment