Tuesday, June 11, 2013

HG Turns Three!


Dear HG,

You are officially THREE years old now and you are extremely happy to have reached this age.  When we walked you into your new class at church (because you moved up) you screamed with joy, "I'M THREE," and held up three of these pretty little (freshly painted for the first time) fingers.  And if that wasn't enough once you were in the door and thought you had encountered a volunteer who did not hear your news, you announced to them you were three in the same manner.  We're happy that you're so happy.


You continue to bring many of the same things to us today that you have over the last three years.  You are a jokster - always laughing or trying to make us laugh.  You have funny facial expressions and sayings.  You are kind and loving and (for the most part) gentle.  You are very easy going and answer an enthusiastic "YES" to any idea we have if it involves going somewhere as a family.  You'll do anything and go anywhere if there is adventure (or food)  involved.  You have acquired a high level of sass this last year and I'm not saying that's bad, but it certainly hasn't been all fun and games.  You love to push our buttons and challenge our rules but when disciplined you are remorseful and changed.  Though the one thing you won't change is "bothering" your brother.  If I hear, "Hannah's bothering me!" ONE MORE TIME from your brother... I think you like the thrill and adrenaline rush of pushing him too far and then having to run at lightening speed  to get away from him!

Many people comment that you are mature for your age.  Your speech and mannerisms are well advanced, if I do say so myself! :)   One of our favorite lines is, "Scue me, I need some privacy peas." when in the bathroom.  The best is when you say it in a public bathroom and the ladies waiting look at me as I step out of the stall and exclaim, "Did she just say she needed privacy?"   You are too funny.

You chose to have a Dora the Explorer themed party.  On Friday, for your actual birthday, we had balloons and presents waiting for you when you came downstairs for breakfast.  Your face was so cute when you saw everything laid out on the table.












Daddy and Blaine were busy with work and camp that day and since I am plagued with pregnancy-related nausea I wasn't much fun but I did manage to take you to one of your favorite bounce houses and you had a blast.

On Saturday, fun was the name of the game.  We went to Jump-City, a trampoline fun-center, and played for two hours then met friends at our local pool for a little pool party followed by food and PINK cupcakes here at our house.

Daddy and you at Jump City.

So happy about cupcakes.


Happy on the dodge ball courts.

A little walk to the park on your birthday.

$3 from Aunt Marcia and Uncle Jack!!!  You were thrilled.

Presents from Mimi, Pops, and Uncle Matt.
You had such a busy day that your new karaoke machine couldn't even keep you awake.


You are an amazing little girl, Hannah Grace.  I love who God made you to be - you are beautiful on the inside and outside.  Today, when I was curled up on the couch trying not to be sick you asked if there was anything you could do for me.  I asked if you would pray for me and this was your response: "Dear Jesus, thank you for Mama and I love you Baby. Amen."  You're so sweet, hunny.

Happy 3rd birthday HG!

No comments:

Post a Comment