Tomorrow starts the beginning of our first "real" full week of work and school in almost three weeks. I think we are all ready. Ok, maybe it is just me :)
Blaine would rather never go to school. He tells me every day that he can't (and doesn't) learn anything at school that he can't learn from PBS.org. And he actually says it just like that. Some days I think he has a point when I see what kind of homework he has. This week or next, in fact, I will be visiting a private school here in Broomfield that I hope will turn out to be very beneficial for him. They have a long wait list but he would spend Kindergarten there if he got in for this upcoming school year. Our other option is Meridian Elementary, Blaine's home school, where he would spend Kindergarten if we didn't put him in a private school setting. The school we're looking at is called Bal Swan. I think Blaine will need some kind of enrichment program this summer too but I am unaware of what is out there so I should start that research now I suppose.
Our time at STAR center is also winding down. We have sessions through the end of January and then post testing in February which will show us where Blaine improved in certain areas. The verdict is in (for the most part) though and the areas that we were all hoping would improve drastically for Mister didn't, so in this last month a team of professionals that range from Dr. Lucy Miller (who literally wrote the book on SPD and started the first foundation around SPD) to Blaine's OT and the center's psychologist will be meeting to make one last push towards giving us some answers and support.
I needed a lot of rest this weekend and all of us came down with a cold so Daddy came to the rescue and while I ran a few errands and cooked for the week, he did the kid-centered activities. Our recreation center is awesome - complete with a rock-climbing wall, huge pool and basketball courts - all of which Blaine played on this weekend with Dad.
Hannah bossed me around the house while her brother was busy climbing walls. She has added a new line to her list: "Oh my Gosh, MOM! Are you kidding me?" She says it about everything now, and it's funny every time.
Now that it is 2013 it is also time to start thinking about a house... our house that we will own instead of rent... before July 1st. (WOW!) The person that helps to manage the house we rent now (the owner lives in the Netherlands) is a Realtor and we trust him so we'll start there. Tomorrow I have to call a few mortgage brokers to see what our first steps should be. Another exciting year and ANOTHER move. I can't wait! (Can you sense my immense sarcasm!?!) Hey, know a good moving company? Because there is one based in Texas that we will NOT be using! :)
If this is your first FULL week back... good luck and I hope good days are ahead :)
No comments:
Post a Comment