2. We made good progress this week on Blaine's therapy. We found - rather - God placed a woman in our lives that we both think is going to be great. Her name is Ali Huckins and she is Behavioral Analyst as well as a Licensed Professional Counselor. Basically this means that she knows behavior and she knows mental disorders and from what I can tell, she is excellent at what she does. She has come to the house twice so far and will come twice this week. After we figure out what our insurance will cover, she will come nearly every day. Thank God! Also Blaine's intake form for the STAR Center (http://spdstar.org/) was approved and the next step is for me to go in for an interview and tour this coming Friday. If we agree to move forward, which I think we will, then I have a lot of hope that they will be able to really help Blaine and us. They do so much more than occupational therapy and have an amazing multi-disciplinary team to make sure all bases are covered. The really great news - insurance doesn't cover any of their services! Ok, so that was meant to be really sarcastic...
3. Little Miss Social - Hannah Grace - will start going to Hope Montessori Academy one week from Monday. She can't wait to meet new friends and learn, learn, learn. We know she is eager to get out there into the world and make her mark. She'll only be there three days a week from 8:30-11:30 but we think it's enough to give her what she needs right now. One cute story: David called her "Baby" tonight and she kindly reminded him that she was "not baby, just Hannah." When David told her that she would always be his baby she agreed that was ok. About 20 minutes later she reached over at dinner and grabbed David's arm and looking into his eyes she said, "I your baby, Daddy." So sweet.
4. Tomorrow is our 6 year wedding anniversary! Yay! I outdid myself (if I do say so) in this post from two years ago and if you remember list item #1 (tired) you'll understand why I'm not devoting a whole post to this anniversary. One thing is for sure, last year at this time I never would have guessed in a million years that I would be writing to you from Broomfield, Colorado right now. What a difference a year makes. A Godly couple whom we love and look up to very much told us that this move would bring us closer together because all we would have in a new place is each other! Boy were they right. We actually watched our wedding video with the kids' tonight. Hannah almost cried when she saw her Papa and Pops in the video, Blaine couldn't help but notice that we kissed a lot, and David and I reminisced about that beautiful day 6 years ago when we were married.
Well this list turned out to be short and sweet. Here are some even sweeter pictures.
| Blaine making pizza at the Children's Museum of Denver. |
| Movie Star! |
| Silly |
| Blaine's favorite activity at the Renaissance Festival. |
| On the "King Swing" at the Ren Fest. |
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment