The kids, GG and I had a fun day at Sweetberry Farm. Besides strawberries, which are harvested in the spring, they also grow pumpkins and their fall harvest festival is a big deal. We started out on one side of the farm and worked our way through nearly all of the activities, which took us a few hours.
| Me and Mister in the field of flowers. |
| This is where Sister spent most of her day. Poor thing. |
| Snack time in the truck. |
Blaine really enjoyed himself but I think the face painting and strawberry popsicle were among his favorites. He really wanted to ride the horses but the line was an hour and a half long and this Mama had to say no to that (wait.)
I would give me great joy to tell you that Hannah also enjoyed herself today but the fact is that the last two days have been pretty hard on her. She was up again last night, earlier than normal (11:30 pm), vomiting and with diarrhea. She is getting so exhausted from being up for hours every night that she doesn't even wake up anymore when she poops or vomits in the middle of the night. And then when we get her up to change her and her sheets she sobs and then finds the first place she can to lay down and lays her head down. We then proceed to hold her and comfort her while we helplessly watch her endure another 45 minutes of vomiting.
I remember when she was born and they told us she may have a terrible infection and that a spinal tap, among other tests, would be required. David and I laid in my hospital bed crying that night while Hannah was in NICU, praying that God would heal our sweet baby girl. It turned out that her "infection" was only a staph contaminant but before finding that out she was pumped full of antibiotics. Then after coming home we discovered that she had GERD and was put on medicine for five months. Shortly after this she started having ear infections which ultimately led to her ear surgery in March when she had tubes put in. (Which, by the way, we just found out on Thursday that one of them is no longer in place and is actually in the ear canal. They are supposed to last 18+ months and hers lasted just 9 months.) It is very difficult to not worry about what is going on with her especially since every day that goes by seems like we're losing precious time. Just in the last few days I can tell that HG is really not well. Something is seriously wrong with her but we have no answers. This is so hard on a Mama but I am trying hard to focus on her and keeping her as happy as possible despite how she feels.
Tomorrow we start her prep for her procedure on Monday. She'll take MiraLax twice tomorrow and then can't have anything by mouth after 8:00 am on Monday. Our arrival time at the surgery center is 10:00 am Monday. I am hopeful and trusting in God on this one.
P.S. Thanks to my Mama for taking such good care of all of us while D was out of town. I would have totally lost it this week if it weren't for her. The stress and exhaustion from all this sick-business is really doing a number on me. Thanks GG.
No comments:
Post a Comment