We're back in Austin and it's good to be home. David and I ended our vacation right yesterday with a date-day - out on the boat without the kids for 6 hours! David got to fish, I got some sun, and the kids got GG and Papa all to themselves. It was lovely.
We finished our evening at home with a great meal and the movie "Rango", which was really good. David and I stayed up until midnight packing our bags and then my dad got up with us at 5:15 am to get us to the airport. There were (literally) about only 20 other people in the airport (it's a very small airport near my hometown) so we were not afraid of getting caught in security. What I didn't know is that we might encounter another small problem at security. I brought applesauce and some other packaged fruits (liquid-type treats) with me for the kids and was told that I had the choice between opening every single container (which must then be either eaten or thrown out) to be tested or I had to have a full body pat down. Um, hello? I don't think so. Daddy (aka: Our Hero!) took one for the team and allowed our applesauce to get on the plane with us. The whole process took over 10 minutes which made us late and the last people to board the plane. And trust me - the last thing people (who are already seated and waiting) want to see are the people who are making their plane late and even worst - those people have two small children!!!
The flights home were relatively pleasant, minus Hannah screaming and throwing a tantrum because she wanted to get off my lap. We even arrived in Austin 30 minutes early. That was a great bonus.
Both kids took naps when we got home so we were able to get unpacked and thanks to GG we came home with no dirty laundry. I did help with dinner on three different nights, which is a record since I normally don't lift a finger when we visit my family. (So, I did do something productive and helpful!:)
Blaine was excited to catch some fish on his last day and go tubing behind the boat for the first time. He wanted to go by himself and kept screaming from the tube, "Papa, go faster!" Papa said that if I wasn't in the boat he would have went much faster. Good thing I was there to regulate.
Here is a video of Blaine behind the boat (and yes - the video could have been only 30 seconds and shown just how much fun he was having but I'm his mom and I'm a sucker for small, cute tubers.)
Thank you, Dad, Mom, and Uncle Matt, for making our Michigan 2011 vacation so special. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment