Thursday, June 16, 2011

I think I can, I think I can

Only 24 more hours until David lands in Austin, if all goes well with flights and such.  Everyone is ready.  We're ready to be together again, I'm ready to have my husband back, the kids are ready to hug their daddy, and David is ready to be back in his own bed.  Just ready.

The week was as hard as I thought it would be but it wasn't until last night that I actually started realizing how hard it's been.  Having two kids is hard work.  Having a 1-year-old demanding princess and a high-needs preschooler who is all boy all the time is really hard work.  I thought a lot about all the single mamas out there and military mamas who have to be and do everything for their families every day with no support.  I give it up to you ladies.  I don't know how you do it.

Yesterday after school we skipped the YMCA to go to a new splash pad in Williamson County.  Looking back, I was crazy to go by myself but we had a good time.  Blaine played in the sandy area (completely burying himself numerous times) most of the time but occasionally ran around the park while Hannah and I chased him, not because we were playing a game but because I was worried a stranger would grab him or he would hurt himself.  The park isn't that big but it's hard to keep track of your little ones if they are running around all crazy (like my son does 101% of the time).
   
Some pictures from our time this week. 

Man, I love you two munchkins - - but when Daddy gets home I am gettin' outta this joint, for real!  Mama's getting her nails done, going to the grocery store alone, going for a good long run outside by myself... heck - I might even use the bathroom by myself.  Won't that be a treat.

:)

"I didn't do it!"

HG got this lamb pillow for her birthday from Big Papa.  She loves laying on it and smiling
when we say, "Night, night, Hannah.  Go Night, night."  She cracks us up.

The splash pad.  Snack time...


His attempt at a smile which I was not able to capture before it turned weird.

Kisses for sister.

Blaine now carries Hannah everywhere.  Sometimes she digs it, sometimes she don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment