Apparently we had a weekend but I don't know where it went. It seems like we look forward to the weekends and then all of a sudden it is Sunday night at 10:30 and I am making lunches and trying to get dinners planned out for the week. (Sigh.)
We did a lot of house/yard work this weekend and actually mowed the yard for the first time this year, which I guess is exciting news. I think (actually, I know) the last time I mowed the lawn was June 4, 2010 - the day before I went into labor with Hannah. (Smart move, huh?) Anyway, so we were doing yard work and I remembered that I wanted to post a picture of our beautiful bushes. (If you can't see them, Hannah is pointing to them for you.)
I have to brag on these bushes for a moment. Over a year ago we took the bushes out from the front of our house. Don't ask me why but we somehow thought that taking the bushes out and replanting new ones would be a simple task. We took out (perfectly good) bushes and put in new (perfectly bad) bushes. The new bushes died. We planted them, watered them, loved them, watered them more, fertilized them and they still died. Finally at the end of the summer we dug up the bushes and took them back to the nursery and they suggested that we plant Plumeria bushes. This time we prayed and we didn't do any of that other stuff (except watering) and THEY LIVED! We're so proud of them. Way to go bushes!
We went out to eat on Saturday night - nowhere fancy but we did go out and then we remembered why we don't go out to eat. (Here are some hints: Two children. One is Blaine.) That was an exciting outing.
Sunday was church and then more housework. I made a bunch of baby food because Hannah is still refusing to eat chunks of food, even though she can pick them up and put them in her mouth. She does not like the texture or the size, even if they're really little. Food goes in and comes right back out.
We also realized that we need to make a few more adjustments to Blaine's diet. We're on board with the gluten free thing but we were holding out on going dairy free too, mainly because it eliminates a whole slew of foods that Blaine loves and a great source of protein and calcium. But it looks like we've got to go for it, so Blaine is officially gluten and dairy free... and heck, why not soy and peanut free too! That should make it easier. (Not.)
We're headed off to Blaine's first (ever) soccer practice. He told us he's not going to have fun and he only wants to play with Siri... we'll see how that goes. Check back and I'll let you know.
I am very impressed that Hannah's outfit perfectly compliments the bushes. The bushes and Hannah both look adorable (although I'm not sure you call bushes adorable).
ReplyDelete