I realize it's been almost a week since I've posted anything. We've been so busy and my computer has taken a leave of absence so I rarely have access to my blog anymore. Plus, GG is still here and she keeps us all on our toes. (Or wait, maybe I am the one keeping her busy...) Whatever the case, a lot has happened in the last week.
Hannah was dedicated at church on Saturday. The ceremony was really beautiful and we were surrounded by almost 30 of our closest family and friends. Kenny, who prayed over Hannah and with us, noted that we "brought the village" with us. That we did. I was emotional and couldn't speak, but a number of people did and their words were very beautiful. And of course, Hannah looked precious in her white gown and bonnet. Kenny talked a little bit about the origin of Hannah's name, which David and I put a of thought into. You can read about our naming journey here. Hannah (Biblical Hannah) was actually a big part of the ceremony because of her story. She dedicated Samuel, her son, to God around the age of three (when he was weaned) but the difference between Hannah's dedication and our dedicating Hannah is that when (Biblical) Hannah dedicated Samuel she actually left him at the temple... we got to take our sweet Hannah home with us :) This was a good reminder though and food for thought. Our children are but gifts from God and we are given the responsibility of caring for them while we have them. Hannah knew that Samuel was God's to begin with and she was grateful to have bore a son, yet she was faithful to God and gave him back so he could do God's will and he became a pivotal person in the old testament.
Anywho...
After the dedication ceremony we celebrated at our house with lunch. My go-to mom and in-laws helped make it a successful party. I am always thankful for their help and contributions. The food was great and the fellowship was even better. Thank you to everyone that joined us and shared in this joyous day.
No comments:
Post a Comment