I continue to grieve for the loss my friend and her husband have experienced. I have cried so much the last few days and my other girlfriends and I are in a state of shock. I personally feel helpless and another friend put it, "numb." That's it. Numb.
We all want to do something but everything seems so pitiful compared to the loss - it's hard to make a decision. What do you do for a couple, a family, that has just lost the most precious person in their lives? The gesture, I understand, is what's important - letting them know that we love them and are thinking of them, but my heart wants to do more, as do we all. What do I want to do? I want to fly out to California right now and I want to hold Molly really tight and I want to cry with her. I want to just sit with her and hold her hand and hear stories about Aidan, look at pictures of him and be present to her. Nothing can be said, no words can be spoken to make this better and really, there are no answers. But being present sounds like it would help. We want to help her with food, cleaning, grocery shopping, the basics. Another idea that was brought up today was to plant a sapling in all of our respective yards. All of us live in 7+ different states... but we can all do something to honor the memory of the sweet boy. I like these ideas.
And after all of that emotion we had our own scare today, which I know was made worse by what my friend has went through. Normally, a fever would not worry me at all, but when Blaine's school called me today I was worried. He spiked a fever around 11 and asked to go lay down. When I picked him up at 12:00 he was sobbing, telling me that his neck hurt. I got him an appointment at 2:00 and we went home to wait. His fever came down a bit but then on the way to the doctor's office he started crying again and was now holding his lower back telling to take him to the doctor because his back hurt. I leaned into the back seat and held his little hand while I drove like a bat out of hell to the office. After almost two hours, blood tests, urine tests and a flu test (not to mention a few tearful breakdowns and an accident on the floor) we found out that Mister just has a "nasty virus" and to monitor his temperature and give him lots of fluids.
Talk about scary! But boy was my little man brave today. He got poked and prodded and even had to have a little pee bag attached to his penis so they could get a urine sample. He felt so crappy yet he made it through all of the tests.
Tonight he has slept a lot. We managed to give him a bath and he's gotten two doses of pain reliever. We're going to let him sleep with us tonight so we can monitor his temperature. We also have to keep Sister healthy - - this should be interesting.
Here are the rest of the pictures from the weekend. So much happened, it seems like a blur. Uncle Matt was visiting us too - he and Blaine had a great time together. Blaine loves his "Uncle Matt Lyon".
No comments:
Post a Comment