Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree!

We put our christmas tree up on Thanksgiving weekend but this year we put up an artificial tree (GASP!!!! - unheard of from where I'm from!) instead of our cut-it-down-ourselves-fresh-from-the-tree-farm tree. We will travel to Michigan every other year for Christmas so we thought that an artificial tree would be good for those years. We will still enjoy the tradition of cutting down our own the years we celebrate in Austin. I have to admit that the artificial tree was a lot easier than the fresh tree... man, that thing has lights on it already! All I had to do was put the branches where I wanted them and decorate it. No mess. No watering. No dropping needles! Nice.

Blaine loves it - he calls it his "Christmas Lights".

Here is our faker-than-fake, but lovely, tree (and silly dogs):

No comments:

Post a Comment