"OH NO! You caught me!!!!"We dusted off our long pants and sweatshirts (finally!). We never thought we'd see them again given the hottest summer on record just left us a few weeks ago, but (dare I say) Fall has arrived :) It's been in the 50's at night and hitting just at 70 during the day. We've had wind and rain and clouds and to be honest, it's been glorious! However, being stuck indoors with Mister is never fun. He bounces off the walls and eats us out of house and home if he doesn't get outside.
On Friday we had the pleasure of keeping Siri while her Mom and Dad were busy with some other things. Because it was raining they had to go "swimming" in the tub, watch countless PBS programs, and well... run around the house instead of outdoors. Here is a picture of the happy couple catching a re-run of Mr. Rogers (I had no idea this show still existed... so I happily joined the viewing.)



Blaine and I did the usual on Saturday: grocery shopping. We went to Central Market where he was able to eat his way through produce and the bulk section and still manage to plead his "hungry" case with great drama. Where does he put all of that food? My goodness! We also went to the mall (which is always interesting). Two people asked me if he was mine. (I guess my dark brown hair throws people off.) And many people commented on "how good" he was being (I guess they didn't see him throw a whole bowl of goldfish near the entrance to Dillards or see him chuck his water bottle halfway across the food court). We were successful nonetheless and left with exactly what we went shopping for.
Church at Gateway was awesome this morning. Rick Schurtz (one of the Pastors) had us all stand up (1000 + people) and sing U2's song, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". They began a series today about what we (as humans) yearn, long for, and desire at our core and this song hits the nail on the head. It was a great start to a beautiful day.
I am trying to catch up on some work, but blogging has derailed me... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment