Monday, August 31, 2009

Elmo is so much cuter on Blaine's butt

Potty training went ok this weekend - but who the heck cares?! Look how cute he looks in these Elmo grundies :)
Blaine gets the whole potty-thing. In fact, every stuffed animal that Blaine owns spent time on the potty this weekend because Blaine said they had to "poo-poo" and "pee-pee". (Of course, duh! What was mommy thinking!?)

But when it came to Blaine actually doing it... ummm, not so much. Well, actually he did technically pee in the toilet twice. The first time was only a drop (because we rushed him to the potty, pee flying everywhere, so only a little landed in the potty) but we thought that was awesome, so he earned a potty-sticker. The second time, he actually asked to sit on the potty because he had to go "pee-pee" and when he did he produced three quality drops of urine! Yippee!!! (He is going to hate me when he's 15 and I show this blog posting to his girlfriend.) We are doing the bare-bottom potty-training method (recommended to us by Siri's mom) but will have to wait a little longer to actually go full speed ahead with this one - I think he needs a little more time. That's ok with me though, we've still got two huge packages of diapers left!

Ooooops. I think I caught a pee-pee in the undies action photo here!

Yes, Blaine - you are a boy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Blaine and good job mom and dad! I'd consider 3 drops a successful potty training session. And love those undies.

    ReplyDelete