Friday, January 9, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

I was just sitting here pondering how fast this year has went. I can't believe that just 12 months ago I was lugging around an additional 42 pounds! Next month we'll be celebrating Blaine's 1st Birthday. Everyone told me how fast they grow up, but this is ridiculous. I mean, just yesterday I was bawling my eyes out because he wouldn't nurse and now he's dancing with me in the kitchen (well, I'm dancing and he's shaking his head and clapping his hands). Just yesterday David and I were waiting for him to lift his head up during tummy time and now I can't get him to lay his head down for a 10 minute nap because he's too busy walking all over the place! This week we've really seen a growth spurt. He walks everywhere now and does very little crawling and has discovered the art of "pretending not to hear" when we know for darn sure he hears us! For instance:

Scenario: Blaine is walking on the ottoman and preparing to throw ball that is in his hand. (yes, after he crawled up on the ottoman by himself).

Me: Blaine, No. Sit down.

Blaine: Stops moving, but does not turn head around. Continues walking across ottoman.

Me: Blaine. Bla-a-ine. No. Sit down. (I then go over to him and make eye contact. Which is supposed to do the trick.)

Blaine: Screams and throws the ball he's holding. Throws himself down, very dramatically, and notices something else in the room he can go terrorize: the dog.

He is a funny boy. Apparently his personality is supposed to really begin showing. We are having no problem spotting it. :)

Tomorrow we're going to see the Dr... Yes, on a Saturday. Blaine has had two "occasions" where his lips have been purple (i.e. circulatory/respiratory problems?) in the last 4 months and he has a crazy rash (which looks like a beard) on his face. We thought it was a food allergy, but we've stopped everything that could cause it and it is still there, so Dr. Dan wants to see us tomorrow. Between the Dr., the dogs' vet appointments, and cleaning the cars, I don't know when we'll relax this weekend. We both need it though.

All for now. We'll let you know what happens at the Dr.

1 comment:

  1. Blink and they'll be in college. I agree they grow up so quickly. Hope the Doc gives you some insight. Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete