
Tug - 6 weeks old
The wonder of a child-priceless.
A few things going on here today. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUG! Tug turns 2 today - he's grown up so much (and what that means is he's a LOT more calm than he was last year at this time.) Daddy David has went to the Gulf Coast, more specifically Nederland and Port Arthur, to help with the Hurricane relief efforts. He has went with a group from our church. They'll stay with a host church on the coast where they will being doing dirty, dangerous work: cleaning out toxic mud from homes (where it was 5 feet deep), tearing out sheet rock, cutting up fallen trees, etc... People, businesses, and the environment there have been devastated and they need a lot of prayers and assistance. I was glad that David could go, but a bit sad that I could not go as well--we did service work with the communities in and around Jarrell, TX after Hurricane Katrina and Rita and I enjoyed helping. Moreover, I will miss him this weekend and Blaine will surely miss his Daddy time, since the weekends are when these two guys have all the fun. Tonight Blaine and I went to Toys R Us and bought some clothes for fall plus his first football, basketball, and baseball. We'll have some fun with those in the coming years. Also, there is a lizard in the house!!! Normally David takes care of these things (because I HATE lizards and creepy crawly things) but since he's not here, Tug, Kole, Blaine and I have to take care of it. Well, Tug found it and pointed it out for me, and then Blaine and Kole watched as I put a cup over it, slide a piece of paper underneath and now I am bracing myself to pick it all up and put it back outside. Wish me luck! It's late now, I just watched the Presidential Debate and am now tired. It's time for bed!


What a wonderful thing David got to do to help with the aftermath. You did your part by holding down the fort and trapping lizards. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated bday Tuck.